Christmas Gift Making: Sustainable Wallets
- Продолжительность: 90 мин. (прибл.)
- Место встречи: Melbourne, VIC
- Код предложения: PT20R1
This workshop will teach you the very basics you need to get up-cycling plastic bags into materials and products that you can use every day. Perfect for that person who loves sewing and creating, but also those who don't know what to buy for Christmas gifts this year.
The idea of recycling plastic bags has been around for over 20 years, and with the major threat of plastic pollution globally, the intention of this recycling workshop is to empower people with skills to create art using sustainable sources and repurpose waste.
Cesar Marulanda, your instructor, will demonstrate the skills that are required to turn soft plastic bags into an everyday use wallet, taking the time to carefully explain each step.
Every participant goes home with an overload of knowledge of what is possible with plastics plus they get to make a product, from scratch to take home.
You will learn:
- Basic plastic material chemistry
- Methods to make materials from plastic bags
- Basic methods to decorate materials and make a quick and small item like a wallet, pouch or phone sleeve.
This workshop is suitable for adults. (16+ yrs)